Hometown: Newtown, Connecticut
-Swam competitively since the age of 5
-In prep school (private high school) was Honorable All-America
-During High School years, swam in 4-Mile AAU Nationals 4 times. The course was set up as a cable swim of 440 yards, the precursor to open water swimming. I was 5th once and 6th another time.
-In college I swam in NCAA Division I Championships twice and made the AAU Championships (precursor to USA Swimming) three times.
-After going to the Masters World Championships at age 40, I started to swim open water and raise money for charity.
-I have swum all the ways one can to Manhattan:
1. From the Tappan Zee Bridge – 21 miles
2. From Greenwich, CT to Downtown Manhattan – 30 Miles – 13.05
3. Around Manhattan, starting at the Columbia C in northern Manhattan – 13.05 (against the tide at the end for 5 hours) – 28 miles
4. Sandy Hook, NJ to Downtown Manhattan – 18 miles
5. In 2009 swam the 12.34 miles from Coney Island to Pier 17
- In 2002 at the age of 50 I swam the English Channel in 10:50. In 2012, I want to attempt the swim again.
-I have swum to Nantucket Island across the Pollock Rip Channel – 13 Miles and to Block Island – 13 Miles
-I have attempted to swim from Connecticut to Long Island, twice: Bridgeport to Port Jefferson, aborted due to weather; and Westport to Port Jefferson made it.
-I have swim two lakes in one day, Lake Lillinoah and Lake Zoar, which are part of the Housatonic River, in one day, with a portage around a dam – 21 Miles
-Swam 18 miles in Candlewood Lake
-I completed 16 annual fundraisers and generated over $150,000 in donations. This year's charity swim was from Coney Island to Pier 17.
- No Swim Enrollment records to display.
|Manhattan Island Marathon Swim||06/12/10||8:22:24||28.5 M|| || Epilepsy Foundation of CT ($1,495.00)
Swim History (Non-NYCSWIM Events)
- No Volunteer Enrollment records to display.
Articles and Press Releases
- No Article records to display.